Read or Download Anatolia in the Second Millennium B.C (Iconography of Religions Section 15 - Mesopotamia and the Near East) PDF
Best interior decorating books
One of many significant – and complicating - features of the old heart East is the interconnection among the Semitic and Greco-Roman cultures. the present quantity brings jointly stories which relate to the multi-cultural traditions of papyrus writing, with distinct realization concerning the linguistic, literary, and cultural positive aspects of those, usually documentary texts.
This article makes a speciality of the interpenetration among a number of varieties of elites: politicians, vendors of capital, company managers, greater nation directors, administrators of public businesses, controllers of media, army officials and the civic-cultural institution. ;
This e-book records the lawsuits of the second one overseas Symposium on Adhesion dimension of movies and Coatings, held in Newark, NJ, October 25-27, 1999. This quantity includes 20 papers, that have all been conscientiously peer reviewed and definitely converted earlier than inclusion. the themes comprise: dimension and research of interface adhesion; relative adhesion dimension for skinny movie buildings; adhesion trying out of not easy coatings through quite a few concepts; size of interfacial fracture power in multifilm purposes; laser brought on decohesion spectroscopy (LIDS) for measuring adhesion; pulsed laser strategy for review of adhesion; blade adhesion try out; JKR adhesion try out; coefficient of thermal enlargement size; and residual stresses in diamond motion pictures.
The research of the "Elenchos" (c. 225 CE) consists of the complete diversity of old interpretative traditions all for Greek Philosophy, from Aristotle to the overdue Neoplatonists. the current inquiry locations Hippolytus' very important studies concerning the Greek philosophers within the context of those traditions and so is ready to remove darkness from not just what he has to provide but additionally to extend our wisdom of the traditions he is determined by.
- Consecration of Images and Stupas in Indo-Tibetan Tantric Buddhism (Brill's Indological Library, Vol 11)
- Free Speech in Classical Antiquity (Mnemosyne, Bibliotheca Classica Batava)
- Ultimate restaurant design, Edition: Mul
- Rethinking Resistance: Revolt and Violence in African History (African Dynamics, 2)
Additional resources for Anatolia in the Second Millennium B.C (Iconography of Religions Section 15 - Mesopotamia and the Near East)
Dagger Companion of latter? man standing winged creature on rein turban Patron god of the spear man standing Plague god man standing lion Santa? man standing Sauska as war god winged man standing axe "wellbeing" winged creature attendants Ninatta and Kulitta Storm gods man (4 × )/bull or bull rhyton (11 ×) standing pedestal (2 × ) armor mace, sword (1 × ) Storm god of heaven man (1 × )/ bull (1 × ) sitting mace "wellbeing" 2 mountain gods, pedestal Storm godhero man standing pedestal armor Storm god of the (royal) house bull standing (1 × )/ kneeling (1 × ) Sun god of heaven man sitting pedestal "fish" (wings) on head (table continued on next page) Page 31 (table continued from previous page) Name or type of deity Shape of cult image Posture Right hand holding Left hand holding Standing or sitting on Apparel Other attributes Other war gods man standing dagger (1 × )/ mace (1 × ) man's head (1 × )/shield (1 ×) lion (2 × ), pedestal (1 × ) shields, daggers (1 × ) Zithariya shield Goddesses: "Any deity" woman standing grapes Anzili woman sitting beaker daughter on knees Dam goddess woman veiled?
14. 64–70. 6. C. XXXVI). His beardless head rises out of the elaborate hilt of a greatly enlarged dagger, the point of which is stuck into the ground. This time Tudhaliya is spelt MOUNTAIN × GOD + tu, and the logogram HERO is added to the titles. Her type 11 includes early lion hilts. XXXVI). The young god, ready to smite with his lightning, stands on a mountain god who joins his hands in prayer and is flanked by two lions. 197–198. 21: 16–22. They brandish daggers and appear in doorways.
- Pains on Trains: The Commuter's Guide to the 50 Most by Andrew Holmes
- Syrian Christians Under Islam: The First Thousand Years by David Thomas