By Peter C. Norton, Alex Samuel, Dave Aitel, Eric Foster-Johnson, Leonard Richardson, Jason Diamond, Aleatha Parker, Michael Roberts
* This instructional bargains readers an intensive advent to programming in Python 2.4, the transportable, interpreted, object-oriented programming language that mixes strength with transparent syntax
* starting programmers will fast learn how to increase strong, trustworthy, and reusable Python purposes for internet improvement, medical purposes, and process initiatives for clients or directors
* Discusses the fundamentals of putting in Python in addition to the hot positive factors of Python free up 2.4, which make it more uncomplicated for clients to create medical and net purposes
* good points examples of assorted working structures through the e-book, together with Linux, Mac OS X/BSD, and home windows XP
Read Online or Download Beginning Python (Programmer to Programmer) PDF
Similar python books
This booklet deals a hugely available advent to common language processing, the sphere that helps a number of language applied sciences, from predictive textual content and e-mail filtering to automated summarization and translation. With it, you'll how you can write Python courses that paintings with huge collections of unstructured textual content. You'll entry richly annotated datasets utilizing a entire diversity of linguistic info buildings, and you'll comprehend the most algorithms for interpreting the content material and constitution of written communication.
jam-packed with examples and workouts, usual Language Processing with Python may help you:
• Extract info from unstructured textual content, both to bet the subject or establish "named entities"
• study linguistic constitution in textual content, together with parsing and semantic research
• entry renowned linguistic databases, together with WordNet and treebanks
• combine thoughts drawn from fields as diversified as linguistics and synthetic intelligence
This e-book can help you achieve functional talents in ordinary language processing utilizing the Python programming language and the normal Language Toolkit (NLTK) open resource library. If you're attracted to constructing net purposes, examining multilingual information resources, or documenting endangered languages -- or if you're easily curious to have a programmer's standpoint on how human language works -- you'll locate common Language Processing with Python either interesting and immensely important.
The agile improvement stream represents the newest advances in instruments and strategies meant to spice up developer productiveness. Programming language-agnostic, this stream is taking pictures the eye of builders of all disciplines, and is very commonplace in state-of-the-art open resource groups similar to Python and Ruby.
Over eighty hands-on recipes that can assist you create small-to-large net purposes utilizing Flask approximately This BookGet the main out of the strong Flask framework whereas ultimate versatile together with your layout choicesBuild end-to-end net functions, correct from their deploy to the post-deployment stagesPacked with recipes containing plenty of pattern purposes that can assist you comprehend the intricacies of the codeWho This booklet Is ForIf you're a internet developer who desires to study extra approximately constructing functions in Flask and scale them with industry-standard practices, this is often the e-book for you.
Stroll during the fundamentals of twister, the high-performance internet server recognized for its velocity, simplicity, and scalability on initiatives huge and small. With this hands-on consultant, you will the best way to use Tornado's acclaimed positive factors via operating with numerous instance functions. you furthermore mght get most sensible practices for utilizing twister within the actual global.
- Data Structures and Algorithms With Python
- Learn Raspberry Pi Programming with Python
- Inventa tus propios juegos de computadora con Python (Spanish Edition)
- Numerical Methods in Engineering & Science, 1st Edition
Extra info for Beginning Python (Programmer to Programmer)
Therefore, if you have a string that contains single quotes, you can make your life easier by enclosing the string in double quotes, and vice versa if you’ve got strings with quotes that have been enclosed in single quotes. SQL, the language that is used to obtain data from databases, will often have single quoted strings inside of them that have nothing to do with Python. You can learn more about this when you reach Chapter 14. One more important rule to know is that by themselves, quotes will not let you create a newline in a string.
The reason is that the + operation relies on information contained in the actual items being added. Almost everything you use in Python can be thought of as an object with properties, and all of the 17 Chapter 2 properties combined define the object. One important property of every object is its type, and for now the important thing to understand about a type is that certain naturally understood things like the + operation work only when you perform them with two objects of compatible types. In most cases, besides numbers, compatible types should be thought of as the same type.
In case you wanted to print the literal string %d in your program, you achieve that in Python strings by using two % signs together. This is needed only when you also have valid format specifiers that you want Python to substitute for you in the same string: print “The %% behaves differently when combined with other letters, like this: %%d %%s %%f %d” % 10 The % behaves differently when combined with other letters, like this: %d %s %f 10 18 Numbers and Operators How It Works Note that Python pays attention to the combinations of letters and will behave correctly in a string that has both format specifiers as well as a double percent sign.
- Learn Python the Hard Way (1st Edition) by Zed A. Shaw
- Python Cookbook (2nd Edition) by Alex Martelli, David Ascher, Anna Ravenscroft